Why/how to sponsor a greyhound?
At the Maritime Greyhound Adoption Program, we understand that not everyone is in a position to adopt or foster a greyhound. Furthermore, we recognize that not everyone can actively volunteer at group events. With that being said, you can still play a pivotal role in helping greyhounds find their forever homes. When you become a greyhound sponsor, you provide essential financial support to greyhounds waiting to be adopted.
MGAP has brought up many dogs that suffered from various racing injuries such as broken legs. These expenses are above and beyond our initial costs. See below for more details on the costs involved. Please consider sponsoring one of our greys today! You will make a huge difference in a dog’s life! We rely solely on donations to cover all these costs and without people like yourself, we could not help these very deserving dogs.
Types of Sponsorship's available:
Personal Sponsors - Basic $50.00 or Platinum $100.00 (no advertising, just display of persons name and or in memory of…)
Corporate Sponsors - $100.00
Corporate Pack Sponsor - $500.00
Your Personal Sponsorship package will include:
- Your name will be included beside the profile of a greyhound currently in foster care on our web site.
- You will receive an e-mail package containing a photo of that dog & background information.
- An announcement of your sponsorship will be sent out to our MGAP membership list.
- You will receive an official income tax receipt.
- Should you wish to sponsor on an on-going basis, we will send you the information on another greyhound waiting for adoption.
- Business name, web site and address on our available dog page until that dog is adopted.
- If you purchase a “Pack” Sponsorship, (sponsor 5 dogs $500.00) you will have your advertisement on that page for 6 months.
- Pack sponsors will also receive a direct link to their website.
- You will receive a certificate to display at your office, stating their sponsorship of the Maritime Greyhound Adoption Program.
- You will receive an income tax receipt for your donation.
- MGAP will announce each Corporate Sponsorship, via e-mail, to our membership list (over 200 members across the Maritime s).
What are the expenses?
- Initial vet care: spay or neuter, dental, vaccines, etc..
- Transportation costs
- Collar, leash, ID tag
- Food for foster care dogs & other foster expenses
- Individual foster vet care
- De-wormers / flea treatment
- Training books / materials/ handbooks
*Our Adoption fee is only $295.00 and doesn't even cover half the cost of bringing up one greyhound.
Special Event Opportunities
MGAP’S Annual Greyhound Picnic
Our Corporate Sponsors for this event will receive:
Their company name, logo and website advertised on our picnic staff t-shirts and web site.
An announcement sent to our member list.
Display on our signage the day of the picnic.
An official income tax receipt will be issued.
Cost: Only $250.00 (don't let your company be left out of this opportunity).
Contact Deb Levasseur for more details firstname.lastname@example.org